Saturday, July 21, 2007

so tired

Warm-up, stretch
4.5 mile LSD
Cool down, stretch

I had to work today so doing my long run in the morning was a necessity. I decided to do it at Redbud Park which has a very nice 1.5 mile loop. I seem to do better mentally on long runs if I already know what my route is going to be. It frees my mind to just run, not plan the next step of my run. So, three loops it would be and then I would be done with my most major accomplishment of the day. Loop One-good but I decided to try switching directions on Loop Two. Loop Two- a wee bit harder as now I was running into the wind. Somewhere around mile 2.4, my brain gave a really good go at making me think I should quit. I told said brain where to shove that idea and made it to Mile 3. Loop Three- finished strong maintaining a pace of just under 10 minute miles. I was sooooooo tired all day. But that good tired when you know you've done something that is truly worth being tired over. For the first time that I can remember, I ate today with the mindset of replenishing my body because of my long run. It's a mindset I'd like to keep. It can replace the one where I consume an entire box of mac&cheese just because. Yeah, that one can go.

No comments: