Tuesday, July 24, 2007

combo

Monday, July 23
Stretch
25 min solid medium pace run (2.7 miles)
Cool down, stretch

It was a late Sunday night for us so I did my run Monday night instead of the usual morning run. I didn't even hit the road until 8:48 and I knew I'd be running in the dark. As I headed out I also noticed very dark clouds and lightening to the east. Still, this is TX and even if I could see it I knew it could be at least 20 miles away still. So, determined to not miss a workout I headed out anyway. And it happened. I went out and did a 25 min run without even thinking about it. Somewhere along the way, I've unknowingly hit that spot where I can just go run. I don't dread it, I don't have to hype myself up, I just do it. Felt pretty dang good.

Today, July 24
Stretch
30 min run: 10 min easy, 20 min solid medium pace (3.1 miles)
Cool down, stretch, ab routine

Again, a night run. Knees hurting a bit. Ibuprofen, here I come. I felt like running six days a week was a little much for me in my old age, so I talked Allie into two rest days a week, Sunday and Wednesday. Tomorrow is a rest day but I may just go do a power walk for a change of pace and so I don't get too stiff. Does anybody have any recommendation for good running shorts that don't ride up and/or good running bras? I think it's time to invest in some quality running gear now that I've proved I'm committed to this whole running thing :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title of this post makes me think of that Carrie Underwood song about cheating and pool and slashing tires...good times. Anyway, I love the Nike tempo shorts and these Asics shorts. Although I always wait for sales. And for other fun/cute workout stuff, I like Lucy a lot too. But usually, because I am cheap, I shop Target! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw some really cute Nike and Addidas gear at JC Penneys and Sears of all places . . .

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!!! ;-) I just saw an ad in the magazine I was reading yesterday while running on the treadmill at the gym for this bra called "CW-X" (sounds like a car). Anyway, here is the link: http://cw-x.com/ss/products/womens/w_sport_support_bra. As for shorts, one of my friends who is a super long distance runner is all about the new "skirts," which have biker shorts built in underneath. She swears they don't ride up. I personally think it is RIDICULOUS to be running in a skirt, but she swears by them!