Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh yes ma’am, the runner is making a comeback!

{And why, yes, I am going to ignore how long it’s been since I did anything worthy of writing about on this blog. Won’t you join me?}

I can’t hardly believe it myself. It started just this Monday on a whim. The lifestyle change had provided me with energy such that I felt like taking a power walk. Now, I don’t know if it was the fact that I was exercising outside again or that just then "Waking Up In Vegas” came on my iPod. All I know is that about eight minutes into my jaunt, I was runnin’! And, miracle of miracles, it felt good!

I managed 1.1 miles that day and am now on Day Three of exercising consistently.

Listen, I have to take it slow or I burn out quickly. Trust me.

So far, it’s been power walking with the 1.1 run thrown in again yesterday. Today, I added my two pound weights to my walking {sorry, Jillian, they didn’t like your Shred} which gave me a fabulous upper body workout.

I read somewhere, Us Magazine I think, that Courtney Cox does that too so I should look like her in no time.

Oh, wait. Us Magazine. I think we all know where this might lead…

1 comment:

Debo said...

Good for you! I'm trying to run again too and I hope we can run together soon!