Wednesday, August 1, 2007

catching up

Falling off the wagon.

Going AWOL.

Pride goes before a fall.

Dropping off the face of the earth.

You could call it a lot of things really, but the sad truth is that last Friday through Monday I was just plain ol' lazy. Cheat Day turned into Cheat Weekend and then almost made it to Cheat Week before I got a hold of myself. Add to the mix being unemployed and able to finally sleep in and snuggle with the hubby and well, I was a pretty lackadaisical girl.

When I finally decided not to sabotage how hard I've worked for the last month+, it was 10:30 yesterday morning. Silly me thought, "Well, it's not that hot, I'll just go do my long run right now." Yeah. Dumb. I learned the hard way that once that Texas sun fully hits the sky, running is no longer an option. I managed to get 2.3 miles down before I started feeling nauseous and like I was going to pass out. My pride kicked firmly in the rear I headed back to the air conditioned car and Gatorade.

Lesson learned: Get my lazy tuchus out of bed and run before it gets hot.

Warm-up, stretch
24 minute tempo run (Each 6 minutes successively faster)
Strides-4x
Cool down, stretch

Music to Run By, all from "Hairspray" soundtrack:
- 1:00 - 6:00, "Without Love"
- 6:00 - 12:00, "Nicest Kids in Town"
- 12:00 - 18:00, "Ladies Choice"
- 18:00 - 24:00, "You Can't Stop the Beat"

No comments: