Saturday, September 29, 2007

another one down, one more to go

I've started looking at these Saturday long runs as a free pass to shameless bragging rights: "I ran FIFTEEN miles this morning. What did you do?" The weather was perfect this morning, just cool enough and a breeze that was refreshing but not aggravating. The run/walk method made this run infinitely more enjoyable and Gu has become easier to consume.

I love running early (I leave around 6:45 am) and this morning I was able to have the moon still bright and silver above me, and the sunrise pinking behind me. Just gorgeous. I wish I could take pictures as I run through these Texas backroads. Miles nine through eleven were between two fields, one of which the reaping was completed and the hay had been rolled into giant spools of gold. In the distance the plateaus of Steamboat Mountain sparked green and black against a Carolina blue sky. I gave the country wave to a farmer plowing his field with a cherry red tractor and reveled in the moment of beauty.

2 comments:

Sarah Harris said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're finding beauty and joy as you run. The marathon is fast approaching...you've come a long way since you started! (How "far" have you run with all this training? That would be an encouraging stat to know.) xo

Tiffany said...

Where did you get your "program" for running? I'd like to start running too and I don't know where to start......help!