Saturday, September 15, 2007

what did you do this morning?

I ran 10 miles.

Yup, you heard me. Ten freakin' miles. And I'm not going to lie to you. It felt good. It felt real good. Well, maybe not the whole time, but I definitely feel a huge sense of accomplishment having done it. It was the perfect day for a long run: overcast, misty and about 68 degrees. At Trainer's suggestion, I've started working gels into my longer runs. Which means I eat a pack of this, guzzle some water and keep running. It didn't give me the complete second wind I was hoping for but I think that's because I need to start eating something before my long run. Trial and error, I'll get there. I did have to do two stints of running 10 minutes, walking two between Mile 7 and Mile 9. However, after that I was good to do a constant run until the end.

Can we get honest for a second?

I am really glad that I don't have to do this again for another week.

(If you want to see my route go here. And click on the "Satellite" option at the bottom of the map. SO cool!)

No comments: